Springtime in NYC
As I write, the blizzard of 2005 has just ended, and there's a foot-and-a-half of snow on the sidewalk. But in business, we have to constantly look forward, and right now, I'm looking forward to April and the amazing series of not-to-be-missed events scheduled that month. The following is my Top 5 List of reasons to be in New York City April 17 through 19.
Kerry J. Cannon, Jr
1. The American Spa Expo will be held at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Presented by American Spa, this comprehensive trade show and conference will feature a newly redesigned show hall with more than 200 of the nation's leading spa and skincare suppliers and manufacturers. Attendance is free, so join us and see what's hot in the world of spa.
2. The 54th CIDESCO World Congress will present a fascinating array of speakers and topics during their bi-annual gathering to be held April 17 through 19 in New York City. Co-located with the American Spa Expo, the Congress will feature a unique combination of world leaders in the field of skincare in conjunction with an expo hall of top manufacturers and product lines. It promises to be the most exciting lineup in 2005.
3. The American Spa Expo Business Development Conference on Tuesday, April 19, will showcase renowned business consultants, destination spa directors, magazine editors, and others who will impart the best practices for those looking to invest in new spa services, seeking new management strategies, or wanting information about medical spa issues.
4. The CIDESCO Gala Crystal Ball on Sunday evening, April 17, at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City will be an opportunity for the spa industry to pay homage to CIDESCO president Helene Bramwell and the Board of Directors at a gala dinner. This special affair will be a chance for those who are gathered that weekend at the CIDESCO World Congress and the American Spa Expo to come together for an evening of fine food, dancing, networking, and fun. Tickets are $155 per person and can be obtained by calling (800) 427-2420 or logging on to www.americanspaexpo.com
5. Educational opportunities will be available. Many of the spa industry's top manufacturers will hold classroom demonstrations, which are also complimentary to attendees, on Sunday and Monday, April 17 and 18.
There are lots of reasons to be in New York City next month. I'll be here, and I hope you can too.
Kerry J. Cannon Jr.
Advanstar Beauty Publishing Group firstname.lastname@example.org.