Healthy Pumpkin Protein Smoothie with Ginger Essential Oil
Here’s a very healthy low calorie antioxidant smoothie to enjoy every day. I like to prepare the pumpkin the night before so that it is ready to use in the morning
¼ small pumpkin baked
1 cup plain yogurt
1 scoop protein powder
2 drops fresh ginger essential oil
Stevia or brown sugar to taste
Blend together pumpkin, protein powder, yogurt, stevia and ginger essential oil. Enjoy.
How to bake the pumpkin
- Preheat the oven on 350 F.
- Seed and cut 1 small pumpkin in 4.
- Place pumpkin, face up, in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until pumpkin is very tender.
- You can put the pumpkin pieces in a container and store it in the refrigerator; you will only need 1 quarter pumpkin for each smoothie.
Health benefits of ginger essential oil in your smoothie
Antioxidant – Free radical scavenger (can prevent cancer)
Immune stimulate because it can stimulate the activity of Glutathione producing enzymes
Health benefits of pumpkin
The distinctive bright orange color of pumpkin clearly indicates that it’s an excellent source of that all-important antioxidant beta-carotene. Research shows that people who eat a diet rich in beta-carotene are less likely to develop certain cancers than those who fail to include beta-carotene-rich foods in their diet. Pumpkin also has another carotenoid, beta-cryptoxanthin, which may decrease the risk of lung cancer in smokers.*
© 2011, Cristina Proano-Carrion, Aromandina LLC