Guests coming from afar to visit your spa may need extra tlc to adjust after long flights. Some of the world’s top spas and destinations have already taken notice and introduced these lavish, yet practical, jet lag recovery treatments to help guests feel rejuvenated at the beginning of their vacation. Here’s a few unique offerings:
- Hotel Madeline (Telluride, CO) is perched in the heart of Mountain Village at nearly 10,000 feet and the hotel’s spa offers a range of treatments to help guests adjust to the high altitude and sleep peacefully. On the menu is the Altitude Adjustment Oxygen Bar that helps speed acclimation by allowing guests to inhale purified oxygen and the High Altitude and Mountain Renewal treatments, which combine aromatherapy, hydrating massages, and an oxygen boost. Hotel Madeline also provides each room with a humidifier to dampen the dry mountain air.
- Spa Valmont at Le Meurice (Paris) offers a variety of bespoke, energizing rituals including the “Energy and Radiance” rituals, using a sumptuous non-greasy cream mask to stimulate and re-balance the skin, providing an instant glow and smooth complexion.
- La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa (NM) offers a jet lag-specific package for New Yorkers who arrive on the new JetBlue flight. The “Jetsetting to La Posada de Santa Fe” includes upgraded accommodations for more comfortable sleeping; a snack plate with green chili hummus, fresh seasonal veggies, local cheeses, specialty breads, crackers and chips, and choice of Santa Fe Pale Ale or Pellegrino Water; and a 15 minute oxygen treatment per person the following morning to help with altitude adjustment and lingering jet lag.
- The Dukes St. James, London's Health Club has created a signature Jet Lag treatment that begins with a short steam to detox skin and open pores, followed by a stress-busting hydro-shower, a full-body Swedish massage, express facial, and scalp massage. The treatment uses energizing oils to soothe aching muscles and revitalize circulation for renewed energy.
- Guests of Club 10 at Principe di Savioa (Milan) can take advantage of the Firming and Hydrating Facial to banish any signs of jet lag after arrival. The early aging silk treatment deeply moisturizes and refreshes skin. This exclusive health club, located on the top floor of the hotel, has a rooftop terrace for views of the city.
What does your spa do to welcome guests when they arrive?