Practice Safe Sun
Practice Safe Sun
It may seem far off, but the bright sun and beach days will be back again before you know it. That means it’s prime time to brush up on proper sun safety. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation nearly two million people are diagnosed with skin cancer annually, more than any other form of cancer, so clients need your expert guidance to maintain hard-earned anti-aging results and prevent future damage. Internationally renowned dermatologist Zein Obagi, M.D., founder of ZO Skin Health, warns, “Tanned skin is like skin that is calling out for help.” Here are his healthy skin tips to share with staff and clients before the sun worshippers come out:
- Don’t Skimp On SPF: UV exposure is responsible for 80 percent of the way skin ages, so it’s essential to stay on top of your SPF routine to stave off wrinkles and discoloration. For the most comprehensive protection against those aging rays, turn to ZO Medical Oclipse-C Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50. Having recently earned the Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation for Daily Use, this breakthrough formula contains natural melanin to minimize the damaging effects of UVA, UVB, and HEV (high energy visible) light.
- Choose An SPF You’ll Want To Wear: Some SPF formulas can be slippery and uncomfortable under makeup. ZO Skin Health Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 is a highly protective formula that you’ll actually WANT to wear every day. In addition to providing broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, it has a universal tint that acts as a primer to perfect and smooth skin. Natural melanin acts as a protective shield to absorb sunrays that have been known to cause skin cancer.
- Protect Yourself Indoors: Aging UVA rays can reach you when you least expect it, including through an office or car window, boosting your risk of skin damage, including wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots, and yes, skin cancer. Even if you plan on being indoors all day, slather on an SPF 30. And don’t forget to shut the window on planes!
- Get Handy: Skin is particularly thin and delicate on our hands, making them one of the first areas to show signs of aging. Reverse and stop the cycle of damage with ZO Skin Health Oraser Daily Hand Repair SPF 20. The luxurious lotion employs powerful antioxidants, brightening and amino acid complexes to minimize age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, plus has broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen to prevent future damage.
- Battle Pollutants: UV exposure and environmental pollutants and irritants cause oxidative damage that can further degrade collagen and elastin. ZO Skin Health Ossential Daily Power Defense features time-release retinol, DNA-repairing enzymes, and antioxidants to help repair and rebuild damaged cells. Use of Ossential Daily Power Defense under one of ZO’s sunscreen gives your skin triple protection from the harmful effects of sun exposure and minimize your risk of developing skin cancer.