Top Beauty Concerns
Top Beauty Concerns
Whether it’s crow’s feet, an uneven complexion or deepening lines, patients are coming up with a wide variety of skin concerns and are looking for instant results treatments. A recent survey by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)sheds light on the most pressing beauty woes and uncovers what women are most concerned about. The study found 39 percent of women were most concerned with sagging cheeks or eye bags, while 33 percent worried about fine lines and wrinkles and 28 percent dreaded the “turkey neck” effect. Here are a few youth-preserving strategies to suggest:
- Protect Against the Elements - The first step to staving off wrinkles and maintaining healthy skin is to always use SPF. Offer a formula for retail with broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection to ensure the most complete coverage. The ZO Skin Health Oclipse Sunscreen and Primer SPF 30 provides broad spectrum protection and serves a primer to smooth and prime skin.
- Restore Cheek Volume – A little strategically placed filler right in youth-defining sweet spots can drastically turn back the clock! According to the most recent AAFPRS survey, 55 percent of filler injections were performed on patients between the ages of 35 and 50.
- Fine Lines -Pellevé Wrinkle Reduction System is a non-ablative skin tightening system that relies on radiofrequency technology to deliver heat into the deep layers of skin, stimulating collagen production to plump up wrinkles, firm, and tighten skin. The treatment is comfortable (relaxing, even!), needs no downtime, and results last six months.
- Get Rid of Eye Baggage - There are six main eye-area complaints—hyperpigmentation, discoloration from iron deposits, inflammation, dry lines and wrinkles—and Lumixyl Revitaleyes corrects them all. It’s formulated with decapeptide-12, the star ingredient that works to brighten skin and erase signs of discoloration.
- Wave Goodbye to Your Waddle – There are many temporary solutions that lift skin on the neck and chin. That being said, facial plastic surgeons are seeing women as young as 40 for neck lifts. Recent surveys suggest that AAFPRS members respectively perform an average of 22 neck lifts annually.
Study up on these results-oriented treatments to keep patients, new and loyal, returning for their latest concerns.