With the abundance of wedding shows currently filling the airwaves of cable TV, it's no wonder brides are becoming ever more stressed about looking perfect for their special day. While some brides spend extravagantly on hair, makeup, and the dress, others are taking decidedly more drastic measures and going under the knife. However, according to Tony Nakhla, M.D., a board-certified cosmetic surgeon, dermatologist, and medical director of OC Skin Institute (Los Angeles), "bridalplasty" doesn't have to involve major surgery. Non-invasive procedures, such as Botox, chemical peels, or laser resurfacing, are quick ad easy with plenty of recovery time for the Big Day. Here are his picks for the top five non-invasive procedures for the bride:
- Botox. Botox injections are an excellent choice for brides looking to decrease wrinkles on their foreheads, frown lines, nasal lines, and crow's feet before saying "I do."
- Laser Hair Removal. Less painful than waxing or electrolysis, this treatment can be performed anywhere hair is no longer wanted. However, brides should note that it takes multiple treatments for optimal results.
- Lip Enhancement with Juvederm. Some brides choose to redefine thinned lips while others choose to enhance them. Brides should remember to be cautious of how the new shape of their lips affects their makeup for the Big Day.
- Chemical Peel. A chemical peel will improve the appearance of fine lines and increase skin vitality, leaving behind newer, healthier looking skin. However, brides should allow for a few days for the peeling to complete.
- Microdermabrasion. Brides should have this treatment done three weeks prior to the wedding. Microdermabrasion removes dead skin and causes rejuvenation and renewal. It also makes a huge difference on how well makeup blends and lasts on the skin.