Braiding at its Best
Braids could have easily become a passing hairstyle trend but they have earned serious staying power. Creative styling has helped the modern plait jump from runways to brides to television stars. For clients dreaming of the gorgeously intricate hairstyles that have adorned season four of Game of Thrones, Butterfly Studio Salon stylist Jason Dougherty gives his expert step-by-step guide on how to create one of Daenerys’ fabulous braided looks..
- Split hair down the middle and part out a section around the temple of the head to be used for this top braid.
- Place a light gel or serum on the crown for shine.
- Then create an inverted braid along the head on both sides and connect in the back.
- Prep the remaining hair with texture spray.
- Start a waterfall braid along the head on both sides and connect with the first braid.
- Finally, use a curling wand to curl the hair.
- Use your hands and a comb to backcomb the hair for this textured messy look. Place an ornate necklace as a headpiece for an added touch.
For more braided styles ideal for battling summer heat, check out Braid to Order.