Bridal Skincare Tips
June marks the beginning of the busiest time of year for weddings and when higher temperatures and humidity cause skin concerns to rear their unsightly heads. As the go-to beauty spot for many brides, your spa and estheticians provide the first line of defense against bridal breakouts and more. Seven Brown, esthetician at Harlem Skin Clinic (New York City), has shared her top five tips for brides to keep their skin camera ready on the big day—these may seem like no-brainers to fellow professionals, but they make all the difference for brides.
- Use sunscreen to protect skin all year long. 90% of aging comes from the sun. Don't think the only time skin is at risk is summer or at the beach. Harmful UV rays can be be reflected onto skin from buildings and even sidewalks
- Gentle exfoliation once a week without abrasively scrubbing the skin will keep new skin turning over.
- Cleaning makeup brushes frequently can prevent unnecessary breakouts.
- Add a serum to their daily regimen—this is the product in any line that does the real work.
- Drink plenty of water - hydrated skin is healthier skin.
What skincare advice do you share with brides-to-be?