Tips for Pampering Discounts
Clearly, the past few years have seen the bad economy negatively impact the spa market. While things are looking up, clients have become accustomed to discounts and are looking to you for solutions. To help them out—and perhaps even fill some of the less-busy time slots at the spa—I thought I would pass along these tips from Andrea Woroch, a nationally-recognized consumer and money-saving expert. Share these ideas with your clients, and follow Andrea on Twitter for daily savings advice and tips.
1. Off-peak Perks Weekday mornings are slow for most spas and salons, so you can generally find deals during the morning hours. Call ahead to find out what discounts are available and take advantage of these off-peak perks.
2. Search for Savings Consumers cut back on luxury services during tough economic times, so spas look for ways to boost business by extending specials offers to attract old and new clients. To find these exclusive deals, sign up to receive e-newsletters from your favorite spa or follow them on Facebook and Twitter. Alternatively, you can score up to 13 percent instantly by purchasing discount gift cards to SpaFinder from sites like GiftCardGranny.com.
3. Cut the Extras Basic services, like a massage or facial, can be affordable as long as you skip the extras. Spa service providers may try to bump up your bill with enticing add-ons like an extended body treatment (extra 30 minutes), or perhaps an invigorating body scrub. Though the cost of these treatments seem minimal, the fees quickly add up, especially after you factor in gratuity.
4. Get Group Discounts Many facilities will extend discounted rates for groups of five or more on various services and treatments. Organize a Sunday spa day with your gal pals, and work with a spa manager on group pricing and package deals.
5. Student Savings You don't have to be enrolled in school to enjoy student savings. Many massage and spa schools offer great rates or sometimes even free services from their students who need to practice their skills. These are extremely affordable resources for great spa and beauty services.
6. At-home Spa Though chemical peels are best left to the experts, there are plenty of basic services like facials, manicures, and body scrubs that can be done at home. To get the full spa experience, set the mood with soothing music, scented candles, and bubble bath.