Maximize Your Gift Card Sales This Season
Every spa counts on selling a large number of gift cards in November & December, but how can you maximize the number of cards sold? Here are 10 effective tips:
- Set up a spa gift card display area in the reception center
- Create 3 to 4 gift card spa packages that include a retail gift
- Train the reception spa team to promote and close gift card package sales
- Train the entire spa team on how to promote gift card packages
- Set a volume target to aim towards
- Frame your gift card packages and place them throughout the spa
- Post your spa packages on your web site
- Announce the packages in your e-newsletter
- Send out an email blast with a call to action to purchase
- Announce an award program for the team for reaching the target
What type of gift card packages should you offer?
You can offer 3 or 4 different price point packages. My recommendation would be to run some reports from last year and discover the most popular price point. Once you’ve identified the most popular price point, set the new package prices starting from that price and then offer higher packages.
For example, let’s say your most popular price point was $100 last year. You can do the following:
$75 gift card + $25 retail gift = $100
$100 gift card + $50 retail gift = $150
$150 gift card + $75 retail gift = $225
Name your packages and display them in a festive way! Make it fun and beautiful and see your sales soar!