Questions to Ask When Defining the Competition
April 11, 2004
- Define your competitive set?
- Do you think it will be the same in five years?
- What are your competitor's strategies, objectives, and goals
- How important is a specific market to each competitor
- What is the level of its commitment to that market? (e.g. corporate market, retired market)
- What are the competitors' relative strengths and limitations?
- What weaknesses make your competitive set vulnerable?
- What changes are your competitors likely to make in their future strategies?