Today, in honor of National Puppy Day, I’m excited to share the health benefits of puppies. Yes, cuddling their cute furry faces and playing with four-legged friends provides a real wellness boost. Talk about man's best friend! That’s why it’s a key experiential program at the new Sunrise Springs Integrative Wellness Resort (Santa Fe, NM). Animals have a long history of assisting humans in rehabilitation and treatment, and there’s a lot spa-goers can learn from spending time with puppies, adult dogs, and even chickens (more on that here). Check out the top benefits of animal interactions, according to Sunrise Springs:
- Increases self-awareness and self-esteem
- Increases cardiovascular health
- Reduces physical, mental, and emotional stress
- Improves adjustment to bereavement
- Develops leadership, communication, and relationship-building skills
Does your spa incorporate animals in therapeutic programming?