One of my favorite holiday songs is the “Twelve Days of Christmas.” So when I heard about a cool fundraiser by Aquae Sulis as the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa that combines, spa, charity, and my favorite tune, I thought it was an inspired idea. This year, the spa is hosting “12 Days of Giving,” a holiday fundraiser that runs from Dec. 5 to Dec. 16, a portion of the proceeds of which benefit local charities. Through the fundraiser, 10 percent of all sales of gift certificates greater than $50 will be dedicated to participating local charities and non-profit organizations serving the Las Vegas community.
The following organizations are participating in the event:
- December 5: Aid for AIDS Nevada
- December 6: American Cancer Society
- December 7: Women’s Club of Summerlin
- December 8: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Las Vegas
- December 9: The Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
- December 10: Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
- December 11: Easter Seals Nevada
- December 12: Communities in Schools of Nevada
- December 13: Three Square Food Bank
- December 14: United Way of Southern Nevada
- December 16: Opportunity Village
“It is an honor to partner with the 12 well-respected charities and have the opportunity to give back to our community,” says Frank Idris, director of hotel operations. “The holiday season is especially important to recognize the efforts of our local charitable organizations, and we are thrilled to assist these non-profits in their endeavors.”
Are you doing anything creative this season for charity? Share your ideas here!