Aveda recently introduced the newly transformed Aveda Institute New York, which delivers a best-in-class holistic education that sets students up with the knowledge, power, and inspiration to begin one of many career paths in the beauty industry. The 14,500 square-foot flagship Aveda Institute New York, located in the SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan, features elements of design that express Aveda’s commitment to environmental responsibility and leadership, such as styling chairs made from wood that is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), reused scrap-wood panels, and more.
Aveda Institutes impart real-world retail and business skills and strategic insight to equip students with the best advantage and tools for success in the business of beauty and wellness. The Aveda Institute New York helps students meet their full potential by designing customized career paths such as:
- Salon owners learn small business development and how to gain and retain clients.
- Hair stylists learn hair cutting and styling techniques.
- Hair colorists learn color theory and formula development.
- Makeup artists learn about facial contouring and bone structure.
- Massage therapists learn Swedish massage, reflexology, and aromaology techniques.
- Editorial stylists learn how to work with designers and models on set at photo shoots.
- Runway stylists learn how to work backstage at Fashion Week with designers and models.
Full-time and part-time cosmetology (hair, skincare, and manicuring) and esthiology (skincare and spa therapy) programs and the 1,000 hours required for a New York State Cosmetology License are all offered at the Aveda Institute New York. A learning kit is also provided to each student when they begin and includes an iPad for digital lessons; tools such as scissors, brushes, and clippers; and Aveda high-performance products. “Learning at an Aveda Institute isn’t just an educational opportunity, it is a way of life,” says Suzanne Bettendorf, development executive director at the Aveda Institute. “We aim to build a powerful network of Aveda Artists who are committed to becoming Aveda Daymakers for our guests in salons and spas in New York City and around the globe. Every student will have the opportunity to learn not only the skills required to be a world-class Aveda Artist but also how to maximize their business potential. We strive to set students up for the best possible career success post-graduation.”
For more information on Aveda Institutes, visit: www.aveda.edu.