Hilton Head Health is making the most of fall by promoting good health and healthy skin with exclusive events and new spa treatments at the recently opened Indigo Spa. The award-winning health retreat located in Hilton Head Island, off the coast of South Carolina, is the perfect place to embrace the cooler temperatures and indulge in timely treatments and special events before the start of the holiday season. Here's what the healthy haven has on tap:
- Neuromuscular Therapy Lunch ($30) - Feast on tasty, healthy food on Tuesdays in November while learning all about neuromuscular therapy (NMT), a soft tissue manual therapy employed to speed recovery from acute and chronic pain syndromes. Hilton Head Health will provide a lunchtime lecture on NMT focusing on specific massages, flexibility and self-care to eliminate the causes of neuromuscular pain patterns.
- Fine Lines, Fine Wines ($30) - Enjoy delectable wine as a licensed esthetician from Indigo Spa leads a brief backgrounder on skincare and how to turn back time by getting rid of, or prevent, fine lines and wrinkles. Fine Lines, Fine Wines will further offer opportunity to test out Indigo Spa's new Skin Authority product line featuring facial cleansers, masks, and moisturizers. (Thursdays in November, the last one was held the 19th)
- Soul to Sole ($220, 80 minutes) - Raise your spirits as you drift away with a luxurious body and face experience from Skin Authority. An exfoliating body scrub leads to a drizzling of self-heating oil followed by Moroccan Rhassoul body clay infused with rose, jasmine and ylang-ylang to purify and cleanse internally. Cocooned in a wrap, relax and de-stress with a pressure-point scalp-conditioning hair treatment and soothing foot ritual. Finish with a relaxing face massage with mini facial treatment to hydrate and nourish while firming and toning the skin. (Available through December)
- Surge of Radiance Anti-Oxidizing Facial ($160, 80 minutes) - Experience this new organic, health-boosting facial by Red Flower to reveal youthful, radiant skin through exfoliation with bioactive peat enzymes and antioxidant-rich berries. The treatment is followed by an acupressure facial massage with essential omega fresh berry oil serum to release fine lines as concentrated rose serum promotes production of collagen. Tone with a vitalizing and oxygenating mist, stimulate the lymphatic system with a phyto-nutrient masque, and finish with collagen and elastin enchanting anti-oxidizing artic berry cloud milk cream. (Available through December)
- Winter Wanderlust ($220, 80 minutes) - Prepare for the colder months with this new treatment from Red Flower employing a collection of scents that capture the essence of the season. Restore skin's smooth texture and vibrant health with a gentle exfoliation of crisp spearmint, healing arctic white peat, and seeds of strawberry and blueberry. A therapeutic massage using essential oils of juniper delivers a concentrated dose of vitamin C and antioxidants. Seal in moisture with a layer of warm shea butter, vetiver, tangerine and fig. Fully restore the skin's radiance with a whole rose illuminating facial acupressure massage. (available December through February)