I am often surprised at the number of spas that don’t focus on building their database. If you want to experience growth and sustainability, building your database is a must! Your database should have the guest name, phone number and most importantly, their e-mail address.
E-marketing is the most economical method to reach your audience. It can dramatically increase your traffic and revenue. You are losing a large amount of potential revenue if you are not focusing on building your e-database.
Here are 7 Bright Ideas on how you can build your database quickly and easily:
- Every time your phone rings, your receptionist must obtain the caller’s information.
- Place a “register to win” on your website’s home page. Entice the visitor to provide you with their name and email address.
- Place a “subscribe to e-newsletter” on your home page.
- Any time you attend an event or host an event, collect people’s information. Gather as many business cards as possible!
- When guests visit your spa, provide them with an intake form that includes a space for an e-mail address. Make sure guests fill in the information.
- Negotiate a link on other businesses’ websites who compliment your business. Ask them to place a “register to win” on their web site or a link swap.
- Ask other businesses with a large e-database to send your e-newsletter to their database. Invite people to opt in and register for your e-newsletter. (This practice can build your database very rapidly! We know it works because we utilize it! It increases our database tremendously.) Of course, you have to have a meaningful e-newsletter. If you don’t have one, you might want to look into the “Ready-to-Go e-News” at InSPArationManagement.com.
- Organize your list- use your software program or Constant Contact.
- When creating your database form, make sure you include a box asking the guest permission to receive your emails.
- Update your list on regular basis.
- Always include an opt-out or unsubscribe link in your emails.
- Protect your email list!
What can you market to your database?
- Monthly e-news
- Special offers
- New products or services
- Parties or special events
- Press release
- Service reminders
- Last minute appointment specials
Focus on building your database and watch your business grow!
Leave your comments and share any other strategies you use to build your database.