Want to know what consumers are thinking this holiday season? Then you're in luck because Birchbox, a club that introduces members to products and insider tips with a regular curated box of beauty samples, released the results of a recent survey it conducted to understand shopping and gift habits. After polling 3,000 women, the company found that the average person planned to spend $560 on gifts this year. The survey also revealed:
- 70 percent of respondents wanted at least one-quarter of their presents to be beauty-related.
- 68 percent wished to receive makeup-related gifts.
- 63 percent wished for fragrances.
- 58 percent of respondents were likely to give a beauty service as a gift. The most popular spa gifts are: mani/pedis, massages, and facials.
- 84 percent preferred to buy their gifts online.
- 81 percent thought is was acceptable to give the same present to multiple people.
Needless to say, if your spa isn't retailing online, you might want to reconsider for next year, And putting your makeup-related gifts and frangrances front and center of your holiday displays is a smart move not only for moving merchandise but also helping your clients find the perfect gift.