It’s never too early to start preparing the skin for cooler weather, and after clients (and maybe you too) have been spending the summer worshipping the sun, dry and damaged skin must be treated in between professional facials for best results. Terese Linke, global spa training and education director for Amala, shares a simple, five-step DIY facial to bring the spa experience home, for a healthy and glowing complexion for the fall season and beyond. These tips are a perfect way to sell a retail set of hydrating products to clients after a treatment to keep them glowing.
- Step 1: Skin may be somewhat dry and flaky from the hot summer months. Before bed, gently exfoliate the face and neck with Amala’s Hydrating Face Polish to slough away dead skin cells and freshen up complexion.
- Step 2:Treat and soften skin using organic plant and seed oils. Press eight to 10 drops of Amala’s Hydrating Treatment Oil over face and neck area.
- Step 3: Apply a thin layer of Amala’s Hydrating Yogurt Mask over the entire face and neck area. Leave the mask on overnight to work its magic.
- Step 4: In the morning, after a shower or gently rinsing the face, again press eight to 10 drops of Amala’s Hydrating Treatment Oil over the face and neck area.
- Step 5: Complete the Hydrating at-home facial experience by pressing a small amount of Amala’s Hydrating Eye Treatment around the eye and lip areas.
I love products and treatments that help me multitask, and so will your clients! The Yogurt Mask was my favorite in the bunch, there's nothing better than waking up fresh-faced and hydrated without lifting a finger! For more DIY spa recipes, check out our updated Menu section in September’s issue.