I’m very excited to see the locally inspired treatment trend continue to grow. It’s such an easy way for you to make your spa stand out and give guests the authentic experience they crave after their travels. The treatments below show the wide range spas around the world have on their menus with local ingredients, perfect for celebrating Earth Day and Earth Month.
- The Guerlain Spa in the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria New York recently unveiled skincare services featuring pure royal bee jelly from rooftop hives, proving local natural ingredients can be grown amidst the concrete jungle too. The spa has launched Urban Island Escape ($325, 80 minutes), a treatment that incorporates extra virgin organic coconut oil and the hotel’s Top of the Waldorf Rooftop Honey. The spa’s local roof-to-spa concept also includes a Haute Honey and Rooftop Herbs Manicure ($60, 50 minutes) and Pedicure ($80, 60 minutes) using honey and home-grown herbs such as rosemary from the 20th floor garden.
- The award-winning Mirbeau Spa (Skaneateles, NY) in the Finger Lakes features treatments that pay homage to the region’s famed wineries and use local products. The Honey & Wine Wrap (starting at $130, 50 minutes) includes a warm blend of wine and honey providing intensive moisture to the skin, protecting against dehydration. The Crushed Cabernet Scrub (starting at $130, 50 minutes) uses a blend of grape seed, honey, and brown sugar to invigorate and refine and to stimulate microcirculation and drainage of excess toxins.
- The elegant Park West Spa (Canandaigua, NY) nestled on the shore of Canandaigua Lake boasts a Wine Wrap ($90, 50 minutes) that brings out the best in the Finger Lakes farm-to-table movement with the powerful antioxidant and exfoliating properties of local grapes.
- JW Marriott Grand Rapids (MI) and the Amway Grand Plaza are offering beer-infused spa specials for guests to pamper themselves and experience the beer culture of the city. The Brew and Renew treatments include a Brew Pedicure ($89, 50 minutes) with beer tasting or Brew Polish and Massage ($189, 80 minutes) with local hops, barley, and craft beer to exfoliate the skin.
- Perched off the coast of South Carolina, Heavenly Spa at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa uses Lowcountry inspirations for body treatments such as pineapple, coconut, and melon infused exfoliations followed by a kaolin clay mask to purify the skin as well as scrubs with white tea and seaweed masks followed by kamani oil.
- Treatments at Biras Spa at Biras Creek Resort (British Virgin Islands) include organic warm algae wraps, scrubs using natural salt from Salt Island, and rehydration treatments with freshly picked aloe from the gardens on property. The spa uses Decleor products, which harvest and formulate their natural products and essential minerals by extracting them right from Mother Nature.
In addition, skincare companies are encouraging eco-awareness by offering special perks for customers:
- Today, Amala will gift its customers a complimentary Aroma Apothecary Renew Rose Concentrate with every purchase plus free shipping with the promo code EARTHDAY.
- For the entire month of April, Aveda is offering free shipping for customers plus free samples with a minimum purchase.
How is your spa getting in the green spirit and recognizing Earth Day?