Here are some key results from Intelligent Spas's report "Female Versus Male Spa Consumers: Survey of Behaviors, Expectations, Preferences, and Predictions."
- 49 percent of females compared to 65 percent of males stated their last spa visit was for relaxation.
- 78 percent of females and 63 percent of males preferred a female therapist to perform facials.
- 46 percent of females and 39 percent of males said they would most likely choose a package of treatments during their next visit to a resort spa.
- The average spa-goer spends $912 yearly.
The best way to get non-spa-goers to visit a spa is to give a gift certificate; number two is to offer a discount.
- The top two services are hair and nail treatments
- People are more likely to book two services for one visit, instead of just one.
- Half of those surveyed used the same spa for both massage and skincare needs.
- The best way to acquire customer feedback is to offer comment cards in the locker room.
- The top place people purchase home skincare products is a drugstore.
The report is available for $100 US from www.intelligentspas.com