Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to attend Repechage's Annual Power Lunch. Hosted by Repechage executive vice president Shiri Sarfati, the event was a chance to connect with spa and salon professionals and discuss a variety of business-building strategies and holiday-marketing initiatives. Offering ideas for helping spas succeed this season, here guest speaker Vito Mazza, Jr., president of Vito Mazza Salon & Spa (Woodbridge Township, NJ), shares his top five holiday marketing ideas:
1. Create a Party With a Purpose. Celebrate your top clients or those who are growing in your community. Create games, giveaways, and goals.
2. Offer a New Year New You Makeover. View it as a great opportunity to cross promote.
3. Major in the Majors and Play to Win. Give clients a reason to prebook. Offer a "Share the Love" referral program. Start asking for what you want.
4. Pay Attention to Gift Card Dos and Don'ts. Do add value and sell online. Do create a recharge game plan. Do set goals and incentives for client services. And don't spend the money before you deliver on the service...never forget that gift cards are IOUs.
5. Market From the Heart. Give back to the local community. Encourage everyone in your spa to adopt an Attitude With Gratitude (AWG).
Practicing what he preaches, Vito is donating 10 percent of every gift card and product purchase at Vito Mazza Salon & Spa to victims of Hurricane Sandy. Needless to say, that's an incentive for many clients to spend more generously. What are some of your most successful ideas for helping your spa thrive?