In the beginning of a new year, businesses often plan for the upcoming months by evaluating marketing strategies, sales, and budgets. As many spa owners know, marketing your business and increasing sales is vital for success and for beating the competition. While taking the time to research, develop, and execute sales and marketing strategies can be time consuming, it will be beneficial for your spa in the long run. Having a solid strategy in place will help you to stay ahead of the competition and allow your business to grow.
Here are sales and marketing tips for spa owners that can be utilized for success in 2016.
- Social media is an excellent way to make small touches with clients and potential customers throughout the year and keep your business at the top of mind. In addition to this, the ability to include imagery on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest allows you to represent your spa in a way that words cannot describe.
- Email marketing is another way to keep in touch with clients and send reminders about appointments, services, new promotions, and loyalty discounts. Consider creating unique and artistic emails to provide information about new product releases, holiday sales, birthday discounts, and more.
- Positive client testimonials are an excellent way to market your business. If one of your clients is extremely satisfied with a recent service they received, ask them to share this information, or if the client feels comfortable consider adding the testimonial to your website or newsletter. An excellent client experience is one of the best forms of marketing your business can receive.
In addition to the marketing methods mentioned above, create special marketing collateral such as flyers, newsletters, discount cards, and more that will keep clients coming back for more.
- Special service offers such as a discount on appointments will give customers an incentive to book an appointment. These promotional offers can be created around holidays or events such as a couple’s getaway, girls’ night out, or a bridal party event. Group activities present an opportunity to increase sales and gain new long-term clients as well.
- Retail products should be the next part of your sales plan. Take some time to look at what you currently offer in the spa and create a strategy with a specific goal around your retail sales for 2016. Do you wish to boost product sales by 10 percent in 2016, or this there a specific product you would like to sell 20 units of each month? Create customized promotions around this knowledge to help monetize all of the great merchandise that is available to clients.