It is very important to know that the magic of successful marketing is to have a complete Annual Marketing Plan. There isnç¨? one single method to marketing success, yet you must plan your year to properly promote each of your skincare and spacare services, products and staff members.
Strategic Marketing Plans: Create a complete Marketing Calendar for each year. Focus on the best selling seasons, holidays and the slower seasons. Create at least 5 `Strategic Marketing Objectives? List what you hope to accomplish over the next year. For example, `To create a consistent marketing image and message promoting our skincare spa as THE best local resource for customized facial treatments, massage and bodycare therapies. Another may be `To increase your salon retail sales program to 20% of total salon sales.?nbsp; Then create a list of `Strategic Marketing Goals for each objective, where you assign a quantitative goal. For example, to increase your number of new clients by 100 per month or 20% per year.
Marketing Calendars: Your goal should be to promote every single skincare service, body treatment, wet treatment and spa retail product category at least once per year. Spa promotions should be planned on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. Certain services can be promoted any time of year, while others have seasonality. Most spa services can be promoted any time of year, not just during your traditional peak seasons. You can turn a slow month into your very best month of the year, through aggressive spa promotions.
Create a Spa Marketing Calendar chart with the months listed across the top. Divide your Spa Marketing Calendar into different sections for skin, body treatments, wet treatments, nails, hair, spa, retail and gift certificates across the left side of your calendar or chart. Then sub-divide these sections into marketing, advertising, PR and promotions. Some services will need to be promoted in the local media through paid advertising, while others can be promoted internally through point-of-purchase materials and staff incentive sales contests. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
January / February:
- New Year ~ New You -- Spa Makeover Specials!
- Super Bowl Sunday ~ Ladies Only Spa Program
- Valentineç—´ Gift Certificate ~ Wish List Promotion
- New Client Referral program -- Launch
March / April:
- Spring Aromatherapy Month
- Couples Night Spa & Skincare Services Wine & Cheese Reception
- First-Time Facial Treatments With A FREE Retail Gift or a Half é³³rice Service
- Microdermabrasion Parties
May / June:
- Teen Spa ~ Prom Skincare & Makeup Specials
- Momç—´ Day Spa Beauty Packages
- Dadç—´ Day Out ~ Fatherç—´ Day & Menç—´ Skincare Package Promotions
July / August:
- Summer Skincare Retreat Packages
- Hair Removal Promotions At Full Price
- Back To Fall & Back To Cool Events Service & Product Packages
September / October:
- Open House Events -- College Sororities, Fraternities & Ladyç—´ Clubs
- Fall / Winter Skincare Newsletters & Email Newsletters
- Welcome Newcomers ~ Work with Local Realtors to Create Special Invitations
- Relax & Rejuvenate With Massage Therapy
November / December:
- V.I.P. Month for All local Business & Club Presidents Special Introductory Discounts
- Press Releases `New Year ~ New You Makeovers or `Gifts Of Beauty!è?¸/LI>
- Spa-A-Thon Charitable Fundraisers
- Pre-Holiday Gift Certificate Marketing -- `Wish List Postcards
Larry H. Oskin is president of Marketing Solutions, a full service marketing, advertising, PR, graphic design and consulting services agency that specializes in the professional beauty and medical businesses. They service salons, spas, resort spas, medical spas, medical clinics, manufacturers , distributors and associations exclusively catering to the professional salon and spa business world wide. For more information, call 703-359-6000, contact [email protected] or visit their website at www.MktgSols.com. They are located near Washington, DC at 10875 Main Street ~ Suite 205, Fairfax, VA 22030 USA.