I am often surprised at the number of spas that don't focus on building their database. If you want to experience growth and sustainability, building your database is a must. Your database should have the guest name, phone number and most importantly, their e-mail address.
E-marketing can dramatically increase your traffic and do it at a very low cost. You are losing a large sum of money if you are not focusing on building your e-database.
Here are 7 Bright Ideas on how you can build your database quickly and easily:
- Every time your phone rings, your receptionists must obtain the callers information
- Place a register to win on your website's home page. Entice the visitor to provide you with their name and email address.
- Place a register for your newsletter on your home page
- Any time you attend an event or host an event, collect people's information; gather as many business cards as possible
- When the guest visits the spa provide them with an intake form that includes a space for an email address and make sure the guest fills in the information.
- Negotiate a link on other businesses' websites who compliment your business and ask them to place a register to win on their website or a link swap.
- Ask other businesses with a large e-database to send your newsletter to their database and invite people to opt in and register for your newsletter. (This practice can build your database so rapidly, we know it works because we have practiced this and it increased our database tremendously.)
- Organize your list- use your software program or Constant Contact
- When creating your form to collect your database, make sure you include a box asking the guest permission to receive your emails.
- Update your list on regular basis.
- Always include an opt-out or unsubscribe link in your emails.
Protect your email list
What can you market to your database?
- Monthly e-news
- Special offers
- New products or services
- Parties or special events
- Press release
- Service reminders
- Last minute appointment specials
By Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management www.insparationmanagement.com