With the change in seasons will likely come a change in your clients' skin concerns. One way to combat new or seasonal issues is by introducing new products into your clients' skincare routines or facials. Adding new products to existing protocols, or adding new menu treatment options all together, is also a sure fire way to develop more repeat clientele. By continually changing your spa's treatment menu, clients will want to keep coming back to try something new. One spa in Minneapolis, MN, took to incorporating a new line from a cult-classic skincare brand to spice up its treatment options this season.
“It is important to keep things evolving with your customers not only to make the necessary changes to their skincare routine but also to introduce new products that will tantalize the senses while revitalizing the skin,” says Leah Simon-Clarke, esthetician at ReVamp Salon Spa (Minneapolis, MN). “Everyone loves the mystery of anticipation, and using products that allow you to do something that feels and smells different with each experience is a guaranteed way to gain client loyalty.”
For the summer, the staff at ReVamp Salon Spa wanted to incorporate a new protocol as a seasonal treatment option that would benefit clients' skin during the warm summer months. Looking to utilize a product line that matches ReVamp Salon Spa's mission of providing services that deliver results, the spa looked towards Eminence Organic Skin Care's recently launched Mangosteen Lactic Acid Line, which has proven to be beneficial for all skin types. Made with fresh fruit pulps, plans, and exotic spices, the line is rich in nutrients, making it effective, natural, and results-oriented.
“The ReVamp estheticians pride themselves on excellence," says Simon-Clarke. "They know that a part of providing a service with high integrity requires using a product line that matches our mission of providing a service that delivers results. This is where Eminence comes in.”
Here, discover how to prep your clients' skin for summer with Eminence Organic Skin Care's new Mangosteen Gentle Resurfacing Facial.
- Cleanse: Begin by cleansing with the Mangosteen Daily Resurfacing Cleanser, which is suitable for all skin types. For gentle buffing action, combine with the Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant.
- Tone: Apply the Red Currant Mattifying Mist or the Lime Refresh Tonique and leave on.
- Exfoliate: A preliminary patch test is advised before a general application is made. Begin the patch test by gently cleansing the skin behind the ear, then apply the product and leave undisturbed for 10 minutes. If no unnatural reaction occurs, apply the product as directed on the bottle. Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration.
- Pretreat: This step is optional and serves as a great add-on to any facial service. Apply the appropriate VitaSkin Exfoliating Peel as a degreasing step. Dispense with dropper onto a cotton round or dispense directly into your hands. Apply in circular motions covering the face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Do not rinse, as there is no need to neutralize.
- Peel: For all skin types including sensitive, apply a thin layer of the Mangosteen Lactic Pro Peel 10% to the face and leave on for 10 minutes maximum. Steaming is an option while the peel is on. Remove with a warm, wet towel. For added stimulation on non-sensitive skin, apply a thin layer of the Lime Stimulating Masque mixed one-to-one with water on top of the Mangosteen Lactic Pro Peel 10%, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for five to 10 minutes before removing with a warm, wet towel.
- Masque: Follow the peel with the masque that is most appropriate for your client's skin type. For any skin type, apply the Raspberry Pore Refining Masque. For normal to dry skin, apply the Bamboo Age Corrective Masque. For oily or combination skin, apply the Balancing Masque Duo (Charcoal T-Zone Purifier and Pomelo Cheek Treatment).
- Massage: Apply the Citron Age Defying Massage Soufflé. Emulsify, apply, and massage for five to seven minutes. Gently remove any excess with a warm, wet towel.
- Serum and Concentrate: Apply the Mangosteen Daily Resurfacing Concentrate and leave on. Follow with the Bamboo Firming Fluid for additional hydration and anti-aging benefits.
- Moisturize: Apply the Red Currant Protective Moisturizer SPF30 or the Tropical Vanilla Day Cream SPF32 to face, neck, and décolleté, and gently massage until all product is absorbed.
- Eye Care: Apply a thin layer of the Neroli Age Corrective Eye Serum to the eye area using light blending motions until absorbed, then apply a thin layer of the Hibiscus Ultra Lift Cream and leave on.
- Sun Defense: Regardless of skin type, apply Sun Defense Minerals SPF 30 as per instructed to finish and protect your client's skin. Remind your client that after a peel treatment, their skin will be more sensitive to the sun and that application of an SPF product is mandatory after treatment. Advise your client to use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure after each treatment and for a week afterwards. Keep SPF products in your retail area to offer clients to take home post-peel.
ReVamp Salon Spa takes the Eminence facial protocol one step further and put its own spin on the treatment by offering clients hot towels that have been steeped in chamomile leaves prior to beginning the treatment. This is a super easy add on that creates a unique experience for clients at minimal cost to the spa. All that's needed are five to six tan or brown towels; organic chamomile leaves; muslin or cheesecloth tea filter or spice bags; a large, sanitized bowl or container to fit one gallon of water; and a towel warmer or cabi. Once you've got your materials ready, here's how to create your own warm chamomile towels.
- Place four to eight table spoons of tea into one gallon of hot water for a minimum of 10 to15 minutes.
- Submerge dry towels in tea.
- Take each towel and wring it to remove excess liquid before rolling it into a cylinder shape and placing in towel cabi.