Spa specials are no longer limited to holidays for ladies as the numbers of gentlemen frequenting them are sky-rocketing. Father’s Day is the perfect opportunity to entice the spa-going guy or those yet to set foot in the relaxation area. Here are a few June specials at spas that certainly know how to appeal to men.
- The Oaks at Ojai (CA) destination spa has long been considered a place to kick start a healthy lifestyle while sharing tips on how to stay on the path and June 13 – 20 it is extending a 40 percent discount for men when he shares a room with mom or daughter. This package also includes extended hikes and free day passes to Ojai Valley Athletic Club for the guys on top of the Healthy Relationship Weekend.
- Just in time for Father’s Day, the Guerlain Spa at Waldorf Astoria New York has just re-launched a male-focused spa menu. Men can choose from Executive Facial and Manicure, Gentlemen’s Polished and Refined Facial or Modern Man Massage service. Pre-treatment, dad can enjoy a complimentary glass of scotch and afterward the Final Touch service, a shoeshine and garment steaming, is included.
- The Spa at Windsor Court (New Orleans) offers a Man(ly)cure (hands: $40, 40 minutes; feet; $50, 50 minutes) to pamper men’s hands and feet with shaping of the nails, a hand soak, a revitalizing cuticle treatment, and a gentle exfoliation, followed by bathing the hands or feed in warm therapeutic paraffin and a revitalizing hand or foot massage.
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale (FL) is devoting the whole month of June to dads with discounted services, such as the Revive Facial ($99, 50 minutes) to remove signs of fatigue, exhaustion, and stress and the Heavenly Father’s Day Package ($220) to thoroughly pamper with a facial, massage and more.
- Acqualina Resort & Spa (Miami) is inviting families to celebrate Father's Day the ESPA way throughout the month of June. Acqualina Spa by ESPA is a sanctuary for relaxation and revitalization tucked away on the beach and will be offering its signature ESPA Men’s Facial (50 minutes) & Deep Tissue Massage (50 minutes) at a discounted price of $325 inclusive.
- The 2nd Annual Frosty Mug Men's Retreat ($195) returns to Hiatus Spa + Retreat (multiple locations, TX) to provide masculine pampering with an invigorating full body scrub with organic hops, barley, and malt. The experience comes to a head with a full-body chilled stone massage to stimulate senses and a warm plunge under the Vichy shower brings him back to reality and leaves him primed for a frosty mug of cold local IPA.
Check out our upcoming story in the August issue about the latest trends that appeal to men.