Rosewood Mayakoba will always bring good memories to mind because I stayed there on my honeymoon. The beautiful property is bound to create good wellness memories and habits for guests who are lucky enough to be there this weekend. In honor of Global Wellness Day, it is one of 12 Rosewood Hotels & Resorts properties participating in the campaign and will offer an authentic ritual in the morning followed by the first-ever Global Wellness Day Rose-Fit Race. “We are excited to celebrate Global Wellness Day at Rosewood Mayakoba,” says managing director Daniel Scott. "Guest wellness has always been our priority, whether at the spa, by the pool, or in our restaurants. At Rosewood Mayakoba, we pride ourselves on offering indulgence with awareness and have created a wide range of green and responsible on-property initiatives that maintain the resort’s environmental integrity and educate our guests in honor of Global Wellness Day.” In celebration of the global initiative, here are a few of Rosewood Mayakoba’s wellness-inspired activities throughout the day:
- Sun Gratitude Ritual: Guests can begin their day paying homage to Mother Nature with an ancient, pre-Hispanic Sun Gratitude Ritual.
- Global Wellness Day Rose-Fit Race: Guests looking for a little friendly competition can participate in the resort’s inaugural commemorative triathlon, where teams of three will swim, bike and run through the property for a chance to win exclusive prizes. Open to ages 12 and up, this is a healthy activity for the whole family.
- Ecology Lesson: Guests can discover the importance of maintaining the environment during an interactive session with an on-property specialist that will guide guests through eco-sustainability and tree care.
- Commemorative Pool Amenities: A healthy selection of poolside amenities will be offered to guests throughout the day, including passed goji berries and crudités, fresh coconut water, cucumber eye pads, and massages as well as the commemorative cocktail, the Aloe Margarita.
Wellness enthusiasts at Rosewood properties around the world will also be able to enjoy the myriad special activities on GWD. “From spa treatments that use indigenous ingredients to guided meditations with a local guru, we pride ourselves on offering every member of the Rosewood community – from guests to associates – access to wellness activities that are inspired by each hotel’s destination,” says Niamh O’Connell, group vice president of guest experience and wellness of Rosewood Hotel Group. “We believe it’s important to inspire and encourage every member of the Rosewood community to actively participate in their wellbeing while staying with us and at home. We look forward to celebrating Global Wellness Day with the Rosewood community around the world.”
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi) will offer guests and associates a master class focused on healthy living, while younger guests can participate in activities that promote conservation, such as a formaldehyde-free paint party and a sculpture-building session building using recycled items.
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort (Antigua) will host a meditation class at local Seaview Academy and associates will participate in a week-long, healthy-eating challenge. Additionally, the resort will host a charity drive for associates to donate toiletries, food items, and clothes.
- Rosewood Tucker’s Point (Bermuda) will host a nature walk to the Beach Club, an apothecary healing workshop in the Spa Garden and foraging and gardening lessons to teach guests how to create their own Bermuda garden.
- Rosewood CordeValle (CA) will host a 5K run through the property and surrounding area, as well as guided three-mile hikes in the morning and evening. A nutritionist will also be on-site to discuss healthy eating habits. Guests lounging poolside will be offered scalp and golf ball massages.
- At Rosewood Hotel Georgia (Canada), restorative yoga focused on supported postures and slow transitions to restore a resilient and relaxed nervous system will be offered at the newly renovated rooftop lounge, Reflections: The Garden Terrace.
- Rosewood Beijing has tai chi and meditation sessions and a curated spa menu of mini-treatments. In the evening, a local tea master will offer tasting sessions of various tea selections and will explain the benefits of drinking tea. The tea session will be followed by a healthy dinner based on tea ingredients.
- Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco (Italy) lets guests participate in a bike tour through the breathtaking Tuscan landscape to a family-run organic farm. Organic vegetable and gardening classes will help guests find balance and wellness in the kitchen, while children can participate in happiness yoga sessions, farm tours, and a healthy eating treasure hunt.
- Rosewood London will provide cucumber and lemon-infused water upon arrival, as well as healthy snacks throughout the day. The hotel will also host a “Grand Marble Staircase Walk” in the morning during which associates will lead guests up seven floors and then back down to kick-start the day with a healthy action.
- At Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort (Mexico), a holistic ritual mediation will help guests reach complete relaxation with the aid of crystal bowls at the property’s solarium. A special tea and bath menu will also be offered at the Signature Villa.
- Rosewood Sand Hill (CA) begins the day with a spa circuit training class using high-intensity aerobics followed by a tasting of organic wines produced locally in Silicon Valley in the afternoon. Guests can also attend a diet and nutrition seminar hosted by a local expert.
- Rosewood San Miguel de Allende (Mexico) invites guests to enjoy a game of tennis followed by a relaxing poolside spa treatment. Younger guests will have the opportunity to give back to the earth by planting a tree.