You may not know it, but today is a day worth celebrating. It's International Happiness Day, which was established by the United Nations General Assembly to make the world a happier and more connected place. Spas around the world are definitely doing their part. In Fiji, known for its happy population, Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort, Fiji goes above and beyond to keep guests in good spirits with the Uplifting Chilled Tea. For even more spring in their step, guests can enjoy the complimentary Marau (happiness) Foot Therapy, which includes a coconut-milk and frangipani foot soak, an exfoliating foot scrub, and reflexology massage with virgin coconut oil. Whip up the recipe below to get a taste of Fijian-paradise and pure bliss without a flight.
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort’s Uplifting Chilled Tea
- 8 sprigs of lemongrass (approx 2 – 3 sticks per sprig)
- 3 lemon leaves or slices
- 8 sprigs of mint leaves
- 1 small wedge of lime
- 1 tsp of honey
- 3 cups of boiling water
- Fill a small teapot with the boiling water
- Lightly crush the lemongrass strands and mint leaves and add to the tea pot
- Add the lemon leaves/slices and squeeze the juice from the lime into the pot
- Stir in the honey
- Let steep for up to 1 hour
- Refrigerate and serve chilled
How does your spa help guests find their bliss?