Charleston, SC, has emerged as a popular travel destination. The friendly city has appealed to travelers for years though. Its rich history, southern hospitality, and gorgeous resorts are just a few reasons it deserves a top ranking. It has also found a spot on my own list of places I’d like to visit. One spa and resort certainly adding to the city’s appeal is Wild Dunes Resort, A Destination Hotel and its Sand & Sea Salon and Spa. Set amidst a tranquil landscape overlooking the breathtaking Atlantic Ocean, spa-goers seeking a peaceful getaway are invited to enjoy a variety of new, specialty services found below:
- Honey Magnolia Massage (starting at $105, 50 minutes): An aromatic, light to medium pressure massage that leaves guests with notes of southern magnolia flowers and hints of honey.
- Rainbow Row Massage (starting at $105, 50 minutes): A Swedish massage using a hydrating combination of honey and island-inspired “Rainbow Road” shea butter.
- Farmer’s Market Facial (starting at $115, 50 minutes): An organic customized facial that utilizes products made from ingredients found at local farmer’s markets including strawberries, blackberries, greens, and cantaloupe. Includes extractions.
- Mother Glows Best (starting at $115, 50 minutes): Reducing hyperpigmentation, this facial returns a youthful glow to skin. Includes extractions.
- “Pluff Mud” Detoxifying Wrap (starting at $115, 50 minutes): This Lowcountry-inspired wrap utilizes locally-made products to naturally draw toxins and impurities from the skin.
- Sweetgrass Pedicure ($70, 45 minutes): The ultimate Charleston pedicure including honey magnolia soak, sweetgrass scrub and “Rainbow Road” shea butter massage.
- Lowcountry Essentials ($225, 2 hours): Using products that are reminiscent of the physical beauty of the Lowcountry, an afternoon of pampering awaits with a Lowcountry Massage, Lowcountry Body Scrub and Lowcountry Pedicure.
- Sweet Tea Surrender Massage (starting at $170, 75 minutes): A sweet tea body scrub paried with a hydrating honey, magnolia and fruit tea inspired “Front Porch” sea butter.
- Warm Seashell Massage (starting at $99, 50 minutes): Harnessing the life energy of the sea, this massage uses shells rubbed smooth by sand and heated from within, aiding in muscle relaxation and stress release.
What services make your spa unique and remind guests of the locale?