Greens and fresh vegetables are unfortunately few and far between in the winter, unless you’re lucky enough to live in the warmer climates. You and your clients are certainly eager to replenish vitamins and minerals after months of sweets. Here’s a fitting recipe from The Ranch at Live Oak (Malibu, CA) to help you and clients fit in those skinny jeans. After a decadent party season, as good as those sugar cookies may look, our bodies crave nutritious meals and real, clean food.
Detox Salad Recipe
- 1 head of broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 cup of carrots, julienned
- 1 cup of kale, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup of spinach, cleaned and chopped
- ¼ cup of cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of water
- 5 dates, pitted
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until loosely chopped (mixture looks like gravel). Empty out into a large bowl.
- Add the carrots, kale, and spinach to the bowl along with the broccoli and cauliflower. Give it a good stir to mix everything together.
- Combine all ingredients for vinaigrette in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top salad with dressing and sprinkle garnishes on top.
Does your spa offer detox treatments and foods for clients to replenish?