Folio:, the industry leader in publication news, events, and more, has announced its 2019 Class of Top Women in Media, and among the esteemed honorees is American Spa's own Julie Keller Callaghan. Keller Callaghan has been at the helm of American Spa for 14 years, serving as the both the brand's publisher and editor-in-chief. Most recently, she founded American Spa's Women in Wellness Leadership Conference and the upcoming American Spa CBD Summit.
Keller Callaghan is one of 11 women being honored in the Industry Trailblazers category, which recognizes women of all ranks who’ve had an exceptional impact on the direction of their industry in ways that are measurable beyond just their own companies. Folio:'s 2019 Class of Top Women in Media honors 90 women across five categories:
- Change-Makers: women who’ve successfully altered the course of their brands or the industry for the better.
- Corporate Champions: women who’ve steered their companies into new markets, new opportunities, new audiences, and strong, measurable growth
- Entrepreneurs: women who’ve launched or rebuilt brands or companies and continue to work tirelessly towards their success
- Industry Trailblazers: women of all ranks who’ve had an exceptional impact on the direction of their industry in ways that are measurable beyond just their own companies.
- Up and Comers: Women on the rise, making their mark, even at the early stages of their careers.
Keller Callaghan holds a journalism degree from Bowling Green State University as well as a spa and hospitality management certificate from University of California, Irvine. Prior to joining American Spa, she served as a staff writer at E! Online and as editor-in-chief of Art Business News. Her Top Women in Media mention is not Keller Callaghan's first brush with Folio:, American Spa has become an annual Folio: award winner for both editorial and design content since she joined the team.
Folio:'s 2019 Class of Top Women in Media will be honored at a luncheon at the Grand Hyatt in New York City on June 7, 2019. The awards will celebrate women in the media industry who have stood out, taken risks, and pushed their teams to new heights. Attendees will hear about the creativity and achievements of the industry's incredible colleagues from Bloomberg Media, Meredith, Trusted Media Brands, ESPN, Facebook, MIT Technology Review, and more.