We're all familiar with the pink product offerings with charitable connections, and luxury spas are getting in on the philanthropic festivities for Breast Cancer Awareness Month as well. Several spas are offering packages and promotions in support of the cause in October, and many have a fitting pink ribbon theme. The color pink was chosen as the ribbon color originally for its calming and stress-relieving qualities, a perfect match for spas fighting cancer.
Here's a look at some of these serene pink ribbon specials:
- The Spa at Hyatt Regency Orlando (FL) will donate 20 percent of proceeds from Currant Youth Facials, Cherry Rose Truffle body treatments, Drink Pink for the Cure cocktails and Think Pink Strawberry Delight desserts to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. In addition, the building will remain lit pink for the month. The hotel and spa will also offer pinky nail pink manicures and quick treatments at the Komen Race for the Cure Event taking place on Oct. 18 at Oviedo Mall.
- Cal-a-Vie Health Spa (Vista, CA) is launching a series of special weekly talks hosted by a select team of the spa’s own trained professionals, as well as bi-monthly healing sound meditation and candlelit Labyrinth walks. The focus on education continues in the Bath House, where breast self-exam cards will be available for guests to take home to promote early detection.Guests will have the opportunity to write the name of loved ones affected by breast cancer on pink ribbons to be tied around the Cal-a-Vie gates. The spa will also provide rocks for guests to paint pink and add them to the calming Labyrinth. The property will also be adorned in pink, including their vans and guests’ rooms. The Boutique also will showcase all things pink and donate a percentage of proceeds from sales to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Sanctuary Spa at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort (Scottsdale, AZ) will offer a Spa for a Dream promotion with 10 percent of the treatment proceeds benefitting Colleen’s Dream Foundation. The promotion offers Swedish Massages ($99, 60 minutes) or Sanctuary Jewel Facials ($99, 60 minutes). The spa will also donate goodie bags with luxurious Kashwere blankets.
- The Spa at One Ocean (Atlantic Beach, FL) is partnering with June Jacobs and the Donna Deegan Foundation. Tired tootsies will be scrubbed pink in the Think Pink Pedi ($55; 45 minutes) with a refreshing Ruby Red Grapefruit fine grain sea salt exfoliation plus a honey oat yogurt mask and a Pink Moon Shea Butter massage and finished with a choice of pink polish with $5 from every pedi donated to the Donna Deegan Foundation.
- Awili Spa and Salon at Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort (HI) is partnering with the Pacific Cancer Foundationand donating 10 percent of proceeds. The spa will offer custom handmade pink soaps and a special Pink Pedicure Package. The property will also light their arrival bridge with bright pink lighting for the month.
- Spas at Mandarin Oriental in New York, Washington, D.C., Las Vegas, and Boston are donating 10 percent of proceeds from signature services to charities benefiting breast cancer research. Additionally The Café & Bar at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta will offer a menu of pink beverages and will donate $1 of every pink beverage sold. The Spa has also introduced the Body, Mind & Pink treatment ($195; 1 hour and 20 minutes) throughout the month with 15 percent of the proceeds to benefit the American Cancer Society. Floridians can spend a full day relaxing, knowing they are helping the cause at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami with the Body, Mind and Spirit Wellbeing Trio ($600), with a portion of proceeds benefitting charity. The trio includes: Inner Strength treatment ($250, 80 minutes), ProSkin Brightening Facial ($220, 80 minutes), and a Private Yoga Session ($130, 60 minutes) and 15 percent of any pink-themed merchandise sold in the Spa Boutique benefits the Sandy B. Muller Breast Cancer Foundation.