Close-up photos on social media are bringing facial flaws into focus. It’s not like clients can lift weights to tone chin fat or diet their way to a defined jawline or chiseled cheekbones. For clients seeking more structure for their faces, they turn to innovative treatments at medical spas. Here, dermatologist Jessie Cheung, M.D., shares her solutions to help clients put their best face forward:
- Melt It: New fat melting technologies like CoolMini and Kybella are changing the way we can treat a heavy jawline and double chin. CoolMini uses a smaller handpiece than traditional fat-freezers, allowing for a highly targeted treatment that can sculpt the area under the chin. Injectable Kybella also melts away excess skin fat without surgery or downtime.
- Restore Volume: We naturally lose facial volume with age and fillers can be used to restore the facial frame as jawbones shrink.
- Stop Sagging: For those with sagging, threadlifts create instant projection by elevating and repositioning skin while stimulating the production of collagen. Skin looks firmer and more lifted, without the downtime of a facelift.
- Tighten Skin: Lasers and peels can be used on their own or in combination with these treatments to "shrink-wrap" and tighten skin.
- At-Home Solutions: Topicals should be used to prolong results and encourage collagen stimulation. Cheung recommends retinoids, antioxidants, peptides and growth factors to maintain optimal skin health and elasticity.
- Contour Away Pounds: Never underestimate the power of makeup. Contour, contour, contour any remaining problem spots for a more chiseled appearance.