New Yorkers seeking balance now have a chic new Midtown spot offering holistic help. Russak+ (New York City) opened last fall as an extension of Russak Dermatology Clinic. Unlike many aesthetic centers, owner and board-certified dermatologist Julie Russak, M.D., focuses on optimizing internal health to promote beauty from within.
What makes Russak+ unique?
Our approach is based on optimizing your inner body health at the same time as addressing your skin concerns, really promoting a concept of beauty from within. We educate patients and provide them with tools to maintain the results that we achieve with the office-based procedures. We do that by starting with wellness analysis to first understand what is going on in the body, as that can often explain what we see on the skin.
To address patients concerns we start with blood testing for chemical analysis, vitamin, mineral and nutrient deficiencies, chemical and food sensitivities, allergy testing, as well as cortisol level testing. Chronic inflammation is the root of many ailments and conditions, and if the root of the problem is not addressed, the condition will not only worsen, but manifest on the skin and within other areas of the body.
Why did you decide to open the additional space?
In founding Russak+ Aesthetic Center my mission was to create a new therapeutic treatment paradigm to maintain and enhance healthy skin. Changes in skin appearance are the result of shifts within the body’s naturally occurring, optimized state. Traditionally aesthetic medicine has only addressed the skin surface imperfections without targeting the cause. At Russak+ Aesthetic Center, we believe that changes in skin are a reflection of the body’s bioprocesses and state – if the source is not treated then the skin problem will be reoccurring.
What inspired the décor and interior design decisions in the space?
Perfectly described by our architect, Antonio Tadrissi, “The new aesthetic addition to Russak Dermatology Clinic, Russak+, exudes luxury and promotes the fusion of science and fashion. The original premise of spatial and functional duality extends further into the DNA of this project, fusing timeless design and functionality with the decorative molecule concept. The idea was inspired by a hexagonal molecular geometry pattern, arranged in an abstract, organic composition. This pattern has evolved into a jeweled masterpiece growing over the entire space in the form of ornamental wall features and a way-finding strategy.”
The reception desk is custom-made black oak and is wrapped in a brass-finished hexagonal feature, with a moss wall, gold sheers, and exotic Brazilian quartzite stone behind it. The treatment rooms on either side of the corridor are clad in white glass, contrasting with the reception area. The room doors are flush to the wall in order to create a seamless backdrop for the wall features. The journey through this sanctuary continues inside the treatment rooms, each equipped with a themed infinity box over cork wall covering, to add warmth and depth, and custom-made millwork in a white hand scraped oak finish. Russak+ has achieved a strong dynamic between the sophisticated aesthetic and pure functionality by utilizing a mix of luxurious materials, rich textures, and seamless, contemporary detailing.
What new services and treatments do you offer here?
- Hair Restoration Therapy backed by clinical studies, utilizes microneedling technology and PRP stem cell rejuvenation coupled with the power of Russak’s proprietary blend of clinical actives to reactivate hair follicles for fuller, denser hair regrowth.
- IV Nutrients Therapy infuses the body with vital, customized vitamins, minerals and antioxidants directly into the bloodstream, for 100% vitamin absorption to replenish depleted nutrients and fluids. Our treatments are uniquely formulated around your skin and body’s needs to promote energy, repair, boost immune system, detoxify and overall body-skin wellness from the inside out.
- Cellfina, the only FDA-approved, minimally invasive procedure to improve the appearance of cellulite by releasing fibrous bands under the skin for long-lasting results.
- Kybella, the first and only FDA approved injectable drug that improves the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called, “double chin,” to restore your youthful facial contour.
- Wellness Analysis-Using an integrative therapeutic approach, Russak addresses her patient’s wellbeing utilizing comprehensive medical testing and natural supplementation, as many skin concerns are a reflection of within. Russak will determine the appropriate testing to establish the root of the cause, involving hair cortisol and mineral testing reflecting vitamin, mineral and nutrient deficiencies, as well as chemical and food sensitivities testing. Chronic inflammation is the root of many ailments and conditions, and if the root of the problem is not addressed, the condition will not only worsen, but also manifest on the skin and within other areas of the body.
Who are your typical clients?
New York City professionals look to maintain and enhance their skin with little to no downtime.
What are common concerns that bring them in?
Lack luster and lax skin on the face and body, changes in their skin that they want to address before it becomes too pronounced, hair loss, body sculpting.
What are the most popular treatments?
One of the most popular procedures performed in the office include facial sculpting and correction using dermal fillers. It’s remarkable how filler can correct undereye hallows immediately or create a sleek nose, filling in the bump. With all the advances in cosmetic dermatology, patients who would never consider surgery now have a comparable option.