The Green Spa Network announced the winners of its annual Sustainability Awards at the 2016 Green Spa Network Congress, which took place in September at Devil’s Thumb Ranch (Tabernash, CO). The awards honor people and companies that have invested in pursuing progress towards a sustainable future and achieved outstanding accomplishments through their leadership, innovation, and dedication.
The 2016 recipients include:
- GSN Visionary Award: Robert Redford
- Culinary Excellence: Meadowood Napa Valley (St. Helena, CA)
- Green Building Award: The Allison Inn & Spa (Newburg, OR)
- Sustainable Skin Care Award – Shankara
- Sustainable Spa Award, Day Spa: Naturopathica Chelsea Healing Arts Center & Spa (New York City)
- Sustainable Spa Award, Multiple Locations Spa: Natural Body Spa and Shop (Multiple Locations in Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee)
- Sustainable Spa Award, Resort/Destination Spa: Spa at Mohonk Mountain House (New Paltz, NY)
- Sustainable Retailer Award – Pharmaca (Multiple Locations in California, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington)
Additionally, the Tara Grodjesk Dedicated Contributor Award, which recognizes those dedicated volunteers who contribute to the growth and success of GSN, was given to Bill Barczy, Jim Chenevey, Cici Coffee, Kelley Filbin, and Rianna Riego.
The awards are judged by an independent committee of industry professionals that includes Mary Bemis, editorial director of Insider’s Guide to Spas; Debriana Berlin, founder of Kiss The Sky & Yoga Incorporated; Rona Berg, editor-in-chief of Organic Spa and The Rona Report; Christi Cano, president and founder of Innovative Spa Productions; and Julie Keller Callaghan, editor-in-chief and publisher of American Spa.—Julie Keller Callaghan