Rosewood Hotels & Resorts has debuted Asaya, an integrative wellness concept that is firmly rooted in the belief in self-acceptance and self-discovery. The Asaya experience includes alternative therapies, lifestyle and nutrition coaching, educational wellness programming, fitness activities, specialized healing treatments, a dedication to authentic ingredients, and thoughtful design. Rosewood guests will discover their own true course to personal wellness while acquiring knowledge from visiting experts, local practitioners, and Asaya professionals whose lessons will enable them to extend their commitment to wellness outside the Asaya environment. “Consciously and unconsciously, wellness is becoming more significant in our day-to-day lives, in the ways we work, eat, sleep, and socialize,” says Niamh O’Connell, group vice president of guest experience and wellness. “Recognizing the gaps that exist in the luxury hotel spa arena, we created a concept that will help establish a foundation of wellbeing, offering fluid and flexible solutions to meet individual needs and evolve with the guest along their lifelong wellness journey.”
Key highlights of Asaya include:
- Signature Wellness Ateliers who begin each guest’s bespoke experience by helping them collaborate with lifestyle coaches, nutritionists, and therapists to design tailored experiences to fulfill their specific goals.
- Socializing opportunities rooted in wellness through private Signature Suites or Villas, which will cater exclusively to small groups of friends with dedicated treatment areas, hydrotherapy zones, and indoor and outdoor social spaces.
- An overnight Asaya Suite with separate sleeping, living, and therapy areas. The experience will also include specially designed spaces for relaxation and reflection and private changing areas.
- Two carefully chosen skincare brands, including Maison Cauliéres and EviDenS de Beauté. Maison Cauliéres has produced harvests of seeds and flowers for three centuries in France’s Loire’s Valley, which are transformed today into nourishing and protective oils. EviDenS combines the sophistication of a French beauty brand with high-performance Japanese expertise.
- Technogym fitness centers designed to be both functional and social gathering places designed to enliven the mind as well as exercise the body.
A resort version of Asaya will debut at Rosewood Phuket in Thailand, which is slated to open in April 2017. Other city and resort Asayas will be introduced at Rosewood properties around the globe in the following months, including the first city Asaya at Rosewood Hong Kong, which is scheduled for a 2018 opening.