I can’t help but smile each morning this week thanks to blooming flowers all along my walk to work. Spring has certainly arrived and with it wedding season and extra business for spas to prep brides and bridal parties for the big day. I reached out to Tricia Campbell, director of education for Jane Iredale—The Skin Care Makeup, for her expert tips to help you beautify brides on their big day. “All brides need to create their wedding look based on how they wear their makeup every day,” she says. “If the bride’s more natural, I’m going to create a soft natural look for her. If she wears a smoky eye every day, I will create a smoky eye for her wedding. However, there are five products that I use on every bride: Primer, Foundation, Concealer, Matifying Powder and False Lashes.”
- Primers help even out the skin tone and also help your foundation stay on longer.
- Foundation is a must for every bride, even for the brides who don’t wear makeup every day. Foundation will even out your complexion and give your skin either the soft healthy glow or for oily skins give them the matte finish they are looking for.
- Concealers this is also a must even if you don’t have dark under-eye circles. Concealer will even out any shadows under the eyes, but will also make your eye pop.
- Mattifying Powder will keep the shine down in photos, but will also help to control oil for oily skin types.
- False Lashes need to look natural so they enhance the client’s eyes, not distract and become the main focus.
For more on what brides look for at the spa and even medical spa check out: Beautiful Brides.