Wellness Week, presented by SpaFinder Wellness, kicks off next week and runs from March 11 to 17. To help participants work toward a healthier lifestyle, they are encouraged to commit to seven pledges to make the week well. Share these with your clients to help them achieve their wellness goals.
1. Change My Breakfast: I will kick off my day with a healthy meal that includes foods like oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, seeds, nuts, and whole-grain cereals and toast.
2. Choose to Move: I will walk more by taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking further from the store or taking a desk break to go for a five-minute stroll.
3. Hydrate: I will drink a glass of water before breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
4. Connect with Nature: I will walk outside, breathe more deeply, and enjoy the outdoors for a few minutes each day.
5. Make My Sleep a Priority: I will build boundaries around my sleep by sticking to a set bedtime, and by not eating or working in bed.
6. Embrace the Power of Touch: I will recharge myself and others through the simple act of giving or receiving a hug, foot rub, or five-minute massage.
7. Give Myself the Gift of Silence: I will find 10 minutes a day away from screens of any type — phone, TV, or computer and enjoy the quiet.