This year Valentine’s Day conveniently falls on a three-day weekend giving couples the opportunity for an opulent romantic getaway. Naturally, luxe resorts and spas have stepped up with packages to entice couples to spend their leisure time on property.
- Warm weather, white sand beaches, and luxurious spa treatments at Spa by Clarins entice visitors to Le Guanahani (St. Barth). The Romance Package (starting at $7,630, 7 nights) makes it easy for couples to indulge in style with a welcome drink and gift upon arrival, daily breakfast, a romantic dinner for two with Champagne, a sunset cruise, one spa treatment per guest, and airport transfers. On Feb. 14 guests can also enjoy delicacies on the Valetine’s Day Menu ($142 per person).
- When couples think romance, Paris is sure to come to mind. There, The Hotel Plaza Athenee offers them the Dior Spa Stay (starting at $1,760) for a romantic haute couture vacation. The package includes luxury accommodations, a 60-minute Total Relaxation treatment for two with Champagne, and daily breakfast for two.
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort (PA) offers the opportunity to vacation like the President and First Lady with the Treat Your First Lady package. The getaway includes private car service to and from the airport, private jet service from Washington, DC, to the resort, two nights in luxe suites, consultation with the executive chef to create a custom menu, private golf coaching session for two, and four spa services.
- At Mirbeau Inn & Spa (Skaneateles, NY) guests can book the Valentine's Package, which includes a luxe overnight stay, 50-minute Couples Massage (starting at $225, 50 minutes), full breakfast, four-course romantic dinner for two, and rose petal turn-down.
- Las Alcobas (Mexico) wants couples to treat each other right with the Spoil Your Partner (starting at $895 per night) package. The experience includes a one-night stay in a luxury room, welcome chocolate-covered strawberries and bottle of Champagne, breakfast in bed, two 60-minute treatments at Aurora Spa, and a romantic farm-to-table dinner.
- Travelers visiting the Costa Rica Marriott San Jose can take advantage of the warm tropical air with the Candlelight Experience, a newly launched nighttime treatment, which takes place outdoors in the coffee plantation. Surrounded by candlelight, guests can select from a number of treatments featuring nature-inspired ingredients such as local coffee and volcanic ash. The experience concludes with a glass of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, and a hydrotherapy treatment in the outdoor Jacuzzi.
How does your spa encourage guests to visit during holiday weekends?