As I learn more about health, wellbeing, and fitness, I’ve discovered that balance is the key. Achieving and maintaining a healthy mind, body, and soul is definitely a balancing act. Spas are also learning how to balance indulgent, luxurious offerings with practical wellness retreats and customized health programs. SpaHalekulani (Honolulu) has jumped on board with a Living-Well Program, which includes a series of wellness lectures, a cleanse program, and individual lifestyle coaching sessions (starting at $175 per session). The new program offers in-depth consultations with Kamala Skipper, Halekulani hotel’s in-house lifestyle coach who provides guests with the tools to self-motivate, self-regulate, and create lasting change during their stay and beyond. Spa-goers can choose from a range of programs to achieve their wellness goals, including:
- Living-Well Lectures with Skipper ($25 or complimentary for hotel guests): Each session teaches guests how to eat well and establish healthy habits. Upcoming events include ‘Simple Stress Solutions’ (August 29), ‘Mindful Eating’ (September 25) and ‘Living Longevity’ (October 31). Paying participants will receive a $25 gift certificate to enjoy the spa.
- Living-Well Packages
- Foundation for Optimal Health Package ($595) includes two nutritional consultations, one personal training session, one signature SpaHalekulani service, and personalized email/phone support with Skipper.
- Executive Health Package ($685) includes an introductory Pre-Session, two individual coaching sessions on the essentials for nutrition and stress management, one signature SpaHalekulani service, and personalized email/phone support with Skipper
- Continuity Program ($495, three 60-minute sessions; $955, six 60-minute sessions): Enables guests to optimize results after their visit, when they return home via Skype or phone appointments.
- Jumpstart Your Health Cleanse ($195): The cleanse is safe and effective and is intended to reset the body’s system by removing toxins and maximizing nutrients. It includes a comprehensive booklet, a shopping list with menus and recipes, cleanse protocol as well as daily personal email support.