When the seasons change, I know I need to reboot my skincare routine. What works in the cold, dry winter months won't cut it for the hot, muggy summer. Thankfully, I ran into the Privai Skincare founders at a recent natural beauty event in New York City and had a chance to get their recommendations for summer skin. Christina Stratton, cofounder of Privai Skincare suggests the following tips to get beautiful, dewy skin to show off this summer.
- Exfoliate for softer skin. It’s important exfoliate once to twice a week to slough away dead skin. Exfoliating reveals new skin cells, and helps the skin better absorb moisturizer and other skincare products. Try a sugar scrub or a product with salicylic acid that will help scrub away dry, flaky skin.
- Always use SPF. This is a must! SPF helps protect skin from the sun’s harsh rays, helps prevent premature aging and wrinkles, and of course plays a key role in fighting skin cancer. If you don't want to slather on sunscreen, use a daily moisturizer that has SPF 20 or greater.
- Oil doesn’t equal greasy. There is a misconception about face oils. Using a face oil doesn't mean your face will be greasy. Look for a product like Privai’s Nourishing Face & Body Oil that is enriched with chamomile, geranium and lavender to soothe, balance and hydrate leaving the skin soft and supple.
- Water and more water! Everyone talks about the value of drinking water daily….and it’s true! Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day for hydrated and brighter-looking skin.
- Protect the delicates. While we will sport some fashionable sunglasses when we are outside, sometimes that isn’t enough. Use a lightweight, vitamin-rich complex to nourish and rejuvenate the delicate eye and lip areas.
- Soothe skin. Quench the skin with a hydrating spritz or moisturizer. Privai's Calming Aloe Hydrator is the perfect summer sun soother after a day at the pool or beach for sun kissed skin to nourish, hydrate and reduce inflammation to the skin caused by the sun.