Often skincare products and treatments aim to speed up the natural processes associated with a healthy complexion, improving collagen and elastin production and increasing cellular turnover rate for example. Improving and evening skintone is different. A mottled, uneven skintone results from an overproduction of melanin, so slowing that down is top priority. To improve the look of pigmented skin caused by sun exposure, hormones, and scarring check out the products below that target and slow melanin production.
- Academie Scientifique de Beaute Brightening Essence helps prevent the appearance of unwanted pigmentation and imperfections.
- Advanced Rejuvenating Concepts Lighten More Complex is an aggressive exfoliating and lightening serum.
- Bio-Therapeutic Accelerate Brightening acts as a tyrosinase inhibitor to reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Essie's Go Bright Nail Scrub, Bright Time, and Back to Bright proves brightening is not reserved for the face alone with a trio that revives dull nails on fingers and toes.
- FarmHouse Fresh Spotted Leaving Serum is a powerful multipurpose treatment that contains calming ingredients to help achieve a radiant complexion.
- Nature Pure Labs Skin Lightening Serum contains a highly concentrated trio of active ingredients: hydroquinone, kojic acid, and alpha hydroxy acids.
- Repêchage Biolight Brightening Skin Correct Serum features three clinically proven peptides that help fade pigmentation caused by sun, acne scars, and hormonal changes.
- The Crave Collection Hands-Free treats unwanted spots and signs of aging on the hands.