The busy holiday party season is coming up, and clients are getting all dolled up for the festive occasions. Proper face washing is one very important part of the day that they may forget. So that doesn't happen, Sonia Deasy, founder of Irish-owned Pestle & Mortar Cosmetics, has shared her daily skin washing routine that makes her own complexion glow. And proves there’s an art to beautiful skin. Here are her step-by-step instructions worth trying on your own complexion and sharing with clients.
- Cleanse skin – Wisk the day (or night’s!) dirt and sweat away by washing your face with lukewarm water and a gel or cream cleanser (at night, Sonia recommends you double-cleanse and use both!). Sonia recommends staying away from foaming cleanser. After washing, dab your face to dry.
- Apply toner – Non-alcoholic toner is best and all you need is a cotton-balls worth! Swipe around your face, focusing on any problem areas.
- Use a face misting spray – Immediately puts some moisture back in your skin.
- Apply serum – Perhaps the most important product, one that Sonia has built the foundation of her company on. Serums (especially ones containing hyaluronic acid like Pestle & Mortar’s Pure Hyaluronic Serum) contain an incredible amount of anti-aging and moisturizing benefits, including reducing fine lines, dullness, and dehydration while restoring a healthy glow, plumpness and radiance.
- Moisturize – Moisturizing will help you look and feel younger, provide softer, more elastic skin, keep your skin hydrated – the list goes on!
- Apply eye cream - The under eye area is the thinnest part of your skin, so it’s desperate for moisture.
What regimen do you recommend clients follow to keep skin glowing through the holidays?