Because the New Year is a good time to adopt change, I'm always looking for ways to improve my current routines. To help people like me, ULTA Beauty recently unveiled its top five skin resolutions for 2013, which also coincides with the company's Love Your Skin events. Nationwide, stores will feature advice on top skincare techniques, live demos, and tips from in-store experts. As for the resolutions, see if any might help improve you or your clients' complexions in the year ahead...
1. Always remove makeup before bedtime. It should come as no surprise to most that leaving makeup on can put you at risk for breakouts.
2. Make exfoliation a part of your skincare regimen. Apparently, the average woman has almost 30 layers of dead skin cells on her face. Who knew? If that isn't reason enough to break out the Clarisonic Mia Skin Cleansing System, then I don't know what is.
3. Keep hands away from your face. Fortunately, I learned this lesson long ago. Make sure your clients know better.
4. Banish bad skincare habits and replace them with good ones. Of course this could mean many things. For me, it's about being more consistent about applying sunscreen, even in the wintertime.
5. Take advantage of multi-tasking, skin-loving makeup. Now this is one resolution I can get behind, as I've yet to try the much talked about BB creams.
What are your top skin resolutions for 2013?