Focusing on the mind-body connection and relaxation on spa visits is commonplace, but you may not realize the benefits for the mind go much deeper. Studies have shown that essential oils contain brain-boosting components that target learning and memory. With that in mind, aromatherapy and essential oils relax clients and improve productivity and job performance. Now there's an effective marketing campaign! Check out these pampering treatments with smarty pants side-effects.
- Energizing peppermint: The Café latte exfoliation at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino’s Zen Spa combines finely ground coffee beans, revitalizing peppermint, and botanical extracts to invigorate while it exfoliates dead skin cells. As a natural stimulant, peppermint increases concentration and energy levels, and boosts moods.
- Stress relieving lavender: At W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island’s AWAY Spa, guests can indulge in a skin softening ocean odyssey with its Ocean Escape designed to refresh and revitalize skin with a full body scrub, calming sea lavender body mask and massage. A powerful scent, lavender has been shown to relieve stress and nervous tension to improve productivity.
- Mind clearing eucalyptus: At Costa Rica Marriott San Jose’s Kuo Spa, the Water Journey begins with a natural Spirulina body wrap rich in antioxidants and beneficial nutrients, immersing the body in a stimulating Seaweed Bath with eucalyptus bath oil. A contouring massage finishes the treatment. The scent of eucalyptus increases blood flow to the brain, making the mind sharper and more efficient.
- Productivity-boosting orange: Sibö Spa at Los Sueños Ocean & Golf Resort focuses on using living things in the ancient and indigenous Costa Rican culture of Cabecar and Bri Bri as inspiration. The Divine Body treatment uses the antioxidant quality found in wine and champagne grapes, plus the detoxifying and stimulating abilities of orange oil to improve the elasticity of skin. Orange oil elevates moods, resulting in stimulated creativity, vision and widened perspective.
- Therapeutic cinnamon: Spa Al Mare at Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, features an Aromatherapy Salt Glow treatment that delves deep into the psyche where memories dwell. Tapping into the collection of essential oils such as cinnamon, the blends embarks guests on a sensory journey to enliven. The exfoliation combines cinnamon oils with sea salt and coconut oil. Cinnamon’s scent is known boost memory and is crucial for brain health.