Throughout the month of October, several spas offered packages and promotions in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Here's a look at some of these philanthropic efforts:
- ESPA at The Joule (Dallas) partnered with the nonprofit Young Texans Against Cancer and donated 10 percent of all facial service sales during the month of October to benefit the organization’s breast cancer grant recipients, The Bridge Breast Network and Parkland Foundation. For each facial purchased, guests received a complimentary Love Your Skin gift set, which included ESPA’s Optimal ProSerum, 24-Hour Replenishing Eye Moisturizer, Hydrating Floral Spafresh, Hydrating Cleansing Milk, and 24-Hour Replenishing Moisturizer.
- Massage Heights Houston Retreats collaborated with The Rose, a nonprofit breast health organization, and donated to the group $10 from every massage and facial purchased.
- Remède Spa at The St. Regis Aspen (CO) extended a discounted 60-minute massage to spa-goers and offered complimentary day passes to cancer patients and survivors. All proceeds went toward the Colorado Chapter of Susan G. Komen For the Cure.
- Ste. Anne's Spa (Grafton, Ontario) organized a three-night, four-day Peaceful Warrior Yoga Retreat to bring together survivors and fighters to explore yoga, meditation, healing, and community support at a getaway in the Northumberland Hills.
- Sundara Inn and Spa (Wisconsin Dells, WI) held an Infinite Boundaries Retreat during which the spa welcomed a group of women from Breast Cancer Recovery (BCR). The women were treated to oncology-approved gentle services at a reduced cost thanks to donor support. “Staff members get a burst of energy and feel like they’ve done so much for these ladies,” says Rick Duarte, general manager and director of spa operations. “It really does affect the energy. It’s like someone took out the heart paddles and hit us all.”
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago pampered guests with a limited-edition Pink Ribbon Massage ($155 minutes, 55 minutes; $205, 90 minutes), and donated 15 percent of treatment proceeds to The Lynn Sage Foundation, an organization dedicated to finding a cure for breast cancer.
- The Spa at Pinehurst Resort (NC) celebrated its sixth annual Pink in Pinehurst Day last month and honored survivors with free spa services.
Check out Helping Hands to learn what are other spas are doing to make a difference in their communities.