Before getting a mani/pedi, I always have to leave myself enough time to change my mind 10 times on what color I want. There are so many factors that go into choosing the perfect nail color. For example, what season is it? Do I have an event coming up? Do I like the color enough to look at for two weeks straight? And while I may not have answers to those questions, Skyy Hadley from As U Wish Nail Salon (Hoboken, NJ) has the right answers to ensure you nail (pun intended) summer colors for all your clients. Hadley recommends finding colors with undertones that compliment each other. Her favorite combinations for the best summer mani/pedi are:
- Coral and taupe – this combination bounces off of any sun-tanned skin, whether bronze, brown, or lightly tanned. This combination also doesn’t get dried out or look ashy after the 3rd or 4th day like many mixtures often tend to do. The coral is a summer staple and will bring you to a beachy, tropical island.
- Flat gray with a shimmery gray – this understated, neutral combination gives just the right amount of sparkle and flash.
- Emerald green with shimmery gold gives you a rich, sultry look with a hint of shine. This color combination is unexpected for summer but looks elegant and fun at the same time.
- Vibrant hot pink and softer, sparkling pink – These colors will pop against any skin tone for a fun night out/party look for summer. This punchy color combo gives the ultimate summer vibe and defines girly glitz.
- A warm milky brown contrasted with an orange-gold hue is the perfect combination for hot summer days to take you from the office to a night out. These shades play off sparkling sand or a beautiful summer sunset. The sun-kissed corporate mixture is flattering on all skin tones.
For more summer nail tips, check out