A few of us from the American Spa team were thrilled to be able to attend a mini celebration of Jane Iredale-The Skincare Makeup's 20th anniversary with makeovers and jewelry shopping last week. Among beauty treats and baubles in our goody bags was a little booklet containing little-known facts about the natural cosmetics line. Here are a few we thought you would enjoy!
- The company is headquarted in Great Barrington, MA, which was voted the number one small town in the U.S. by Smithsonian Magazine in 2012.
- 87 percent of employees are women and 42 percent have been working with the company for more than five years and 8 percent for more than 10 years.
- The Jane Iredale headquarters includes an organic fruit and vegetable garden, which is tended by employees.
- Philanthropy is important and the company has donated more $232,000 to Living Beyond Breast Cancer in the last years of partnership (more on spas helping the cause).
- For each product in the line, there is a short application video on the YouTube channel.
What qualities does your spa look for when selecting a cosmetics line to carry?