A fight with my eyebrows happens at least twice a week. With their nature as unruly as the weather, my eyebrows have a mindset of their own. Grooming is an ongoing activity, and I am always searching for new ways to perfect them. So when Jane Iredale introduced Brow Tips based on eye shape, I knew my morning makeup routine would be streamlined. With these easy tips, anyone with eyebrows as unpredictable as mine can balance their face according to their specific eye shape and is the perfect way to sell the growing category of brow makeup and products in your spa.
- Deep set eyes: If eyes are deeper set, keep in mind you are playing with light. The deeper the eye, the deeper the shadows you see around the eye area. To offset this, try working with a lighter brow pencil shade.
- Close set eyes: Give the illusion of widening the space between the eyes by widening the arch of your brow with a pencil or powder. Placing a highlighter between the brows is also helpful.
- Wide set eyes: Visually bring the inner corner of your brows closer together. First mark where your brow should begin, then use the natural angles of the brow to determine where the brow should arch and end.
- Mature eyes: Don’t drag the tail of your brow down. Once you have filled your brow and shaped the arch, have the tail of your brow stay slightly lifted as you create the end of your brow. The tail will end where your eye ends, creating an illusion of lift and a more youthful eye.
- Ombrow: Map out the brow shape using the Blonde Retractable Brow pencil, then fill in the brow. Next, switch up your colors and placement; use Dark Brunette Retractable Brow Pencil and blend through brows with the spoolie.
- Hooded Lids: A thinner brow is ideal as this will open up the eye area, making it appear larger and wider.
- Thick/bold brow: Brush brow hairs upward to help create fullness. Starting on the underside of the brow, underline with the Retractable Brow Pencil. Blend upward in tiny strokes. Repeat this same technique on the topside of the brow to make it bold.
- Glossy Brow: Use a Retractable Brow Pencil to fill in any sparse areas of your brow. Add sheen and dimension by brushing Clear Brow Fix Gel upward and outward.