There is nothing more refreshing and relaxing for me than hanging out by the pool on a hot summer’s day. That is why, usually, the pool is my favorite part of a resort. With the hotel pool being so popular with travelers, hotels and resorts are starting to offer special wellness amenities bringing the pampering of the spa outside to the pool. Here are some poolside perks to help spa-goers beat the heat in style:
- Dead Sea Salt Skin Repair: The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa (Tucson, AZ) boasts an on-site therapeutic mineral pool that incorporates salts from the Dead Sea. The exotic minerals stimulate blood flow to promote healthy skin.
- Underwater Sound System: Travelers staying at Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa (Fort Lauderdale, FL) enjoy tranquil underwater melodies played via a waterproof sound system at the exclusive adult-only pool. The Four Seasons Hotel & Resort (Maui) offers a similar service in its Serenity Pool. With four bubble loungers, guests can enjoy underwater music in this adult-only pool.
- Beauty Tech: W Retreat & Spa’s (Vieques Island, Puerto Rico) infinity-edge WET splash pool features Netatmo June sun care tech bracelets that measure UV rays and monitor sun exposure, sending alerts when to reapply sunscreen.
- Relaxation Therapy: Swimmers of all ages can say farewell to stress and soak up some Florida sunshine floating down Hilton’s (Orlando, FL) 892-foot long winding, twisting and gently meandering lazy river.
- Poolside Yoga: The ultimate chill-out experience for any zen traveler, guests looking to keep a meditative mindset during their vacation can find a sense of peace during outdoor poolside yoga sessions at Waldorf Astoria (Orlando, FL).
- Candlelight dinner: At the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor (Siem Reap, Cambodia) guests can enjoy cocktails and light meals by the pool during the day or a candlelit dinner by the poolside, especially arranged by the hotel’s butler.
Does your resort offer any complimentary services by the pool or on the beach?